Dean of the Higher School of Finance and Management of the RANEPA, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor, Head of the Financial Management, Managerial Accounting and IFRS Chair
· Overseas education: Harvard Business School, Wharton Business School, Judge Institute of Management of Cambridge University, German Academy of Management, School of Business in Barcelona, Spain, International Institute of Trade and Finance (Switzerland), Charted Institute of Bankers (UK).
· Award winner: "Financial Valour of Russia", "Reputation of the Year" (the Russian Ministry of Finance)
· IFAC and OECD expert.
· Author of monographs and textbooks.
Ms. Lobanova graduated from the economic faculty of the Lomonosov Moscow State University with degree in economic cybernetics.
In 1992 and 1993, Ms. Lobanova took a training course under the CEETP programme at the Harvard Business School (Strategic Management), and at the Wharton Business School (Finance and Accounting). She took then advanced training at Cambridge University, at the German Academy of Management, at the School of Business in Barcelona, Spain, at the International Institute of Trade and Finance (Switzerland), at the Professional Institute of Bankers in the UK, at the Swiss Banking School.
In 1978, Ms. Lobanova won the degree of Candidate of Economic Sciences for her thesis on problems of managing circulating capital. In 2001, she won the degree of Doctor of Economic Sciences and was awarded the academic status of Professor.
Since 1979, Ms. Lobanova has been with the Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Services, and since 1996, she has been dean of the Higher School of Finance and Management of the RANEPA. Professor Lobanova delivers courses in Strategical Financial Management, Finance for Executives, Managerial Finance, the training sessions in Financial Diagnostics as well as master-classes in Strategic Finance, “Ethics of Finance and Audit.
She holds tutorials at the master degree, MBA and EMBA programmes.
For several years, she was an OECD expert on the issue of corporatisation of Russian industrial enterprises, full member of the European and International Associations of Financial Management, member of the Board of the British Institute of Professional Financial Managers. From 2006 to 2011, Ms. Lobanova represented Russia in the working groups of the World Committee on International Audit Standards and World Committee on International Standards of Financial Ethics (CAG IAASB и CAG IESSB). She often acts as a consultant and expert on many projects of development of the real sector of economy, particularly, the industries and enterprises of industry trade, and service.
She is a regular participant of Russian and international scientific and practical conferences, meetings, seminars on management, finance, and government regulation, as well as on the development of business education.
In 2006, Elena Lobanova she won an award of the Institute of Professional Financial Managers of Great Britain (IPFM) in the nomination «For a Special Contribution to the Development of the Profession of Financier». In 2008, she won the Order "Golden Star" in the category "Financial Valour of Russia." In 2011, Elena became the winner of the Ministry of Finance in the nomination "Reputation of the year." In April 2014, she was awarded an international prize "THE BIZZ - international recognition of excellence in business" (Venice, Italy), and a world-class business leader certificate. In June 2014, Ms. Lobanova was assigned a prestigious international award "Name in Science" in the field ofscientific research by Oxford University.
Post-graduate students are successful in defending their graduate qualification works under supervision of Professor Lobanova.
Professor Lobanova is the author of manuals, monographs, numerous articles in Russian and foreign periodicals (with overall volume of 310 quires). Ms. Lobanova has often acted as scientific editor of foreign monographs published in Russian.
- Contemporary financial management
- Strategic financial management
- Financial diagnostics and expertise in financial policy
- Corporate Financial Management: Workbook (Series "Progressive textbook"). M: Urait Publishing House, 2016 (co-authored with M. Limitovsky, V. Palamarchuk, V. Minasyan)
- Expert support / TASS: Credit Ratings: Criteria and Objectivity, 08/06/2016
- Expert support / TASS: Added Value of the Russian Production: taking the next step forward, 06/08/2016
- Interview / Banking Review: "MBA" Finance": Learning to Be Proactive, 10/10/2015
- Expert support / TASS: Dean of the RANEPA Elena Lobanova on structural reforms in Russia - in an article for TASS, 08.17.2015
- Development of Methodologies and Modern Technologies to Valuate Companies and Projects in the Conditions of Growing Uncertainty / 2014 -126 p. 5.3 qu.
- Working Capital Management with Account for Risks / E. Lobanova, V. Minasyan // R & D Section. 2014 -96 p. 4 qu.
- Interview / Electronic Journal e-xecutive.ru: Short-term Loans: a National Scale Problem (http://www.executive.ru/education/mbarus/), 12.05.2014
- Expert support / Journal "Profil": "It Is Better to Teach the Old than Enroll the Newcomers", 30/06/2014
- Financial Support of Strategic Decisions in Russian Corporations (Ser. "Economic Policy: between crisis and modernization"). M: Publishing House "Delo" RANEPA, 2011 (in collaboration with V. Palamarchuk, V. Minasyan)
- Financial Management as a Field of Applied Application of Corporate Finance. In 2 parts. Textbook. M: SHFM RANEPA, 2011 (co-authored with M. Limitovsky, V. Palamarchuk, V.Minasyan)
- Is Your Company under Threat of Default? (article). The weekly "Business and Life", 2010 #21
- Where and What should CFO Learn (article). Journal "Financial Director", 2010, # 9
- Structural Elements of Long-term Working Capital Policy or Strategic Approach to Valuation of Liquidity (article). Collection of scientific papers "Applied Corporate Finance", 2008
- The Financial Director Shall Manage Cash Flows (article). Almanac "Finance for Top Managers" 2008
- Corporate Financial Management (Science journal). (E. Lobanova - scientific editor), 2006, # 1, 2; 2007, # 3, 4
- IPFM - Financial Prosperity through Excellence (article). Journal "Elite Personnel", 2007, #48
- Credits in the MBA "Finance" SHFM RANEPA (article). Journal "Elite Personnel", 2007, #46
- And Once Again about the Case Studies (article). Journal "Elite Personnel", 2007, # 37
- Financial Executive in SHFM (article). Journal "Elite Personnel", 2007, #22
- Does Russia Need Small Business Schools? (Article). Journal "Expert", 2007, #20
- CFO Trying to Manage Working Capital (article). Journal "Finance", 2007
- Structural Elements of Long-term Working Capital Policy or Strategic Approach to Liquidity Valuation (article). Journal SHFM RANEPA "Corporate Financial Management", 2007, # 3
- The Art of Spending Other People's Money (article). Journal "Global Energy", 2007, #1
- Consultative Advisory Group of the Council of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards of the International Federation of Accountants (IAASB CAG of the IFAC) (article). Journal SHFM RANEPA "Corporate Financial Management", 2006, #2
- An MBA Program for Financial Executives: Formation and Development (article). Collection of works on problems of advanced training, Issue 10, 2006
- G. Eshworth, P. James. Value-Based Management; How to Deliver Shareholders Value. Translated from English (edited by E. N. Lobanova) M: Infra-M, 2006
- The European Financial Management Association is celebrating its anniversary (article). Journal "Corporate Financial Management", 2006, #1
- MBA - Finance. Digest of the Higher School of Finance and Management of the Academy of National Economy, 2006
- Margaret May. Transformation of Finance Function: translated from English (edited by E. Lobanova). M: Infra-M, 2005
- M. Scott. Value Drivers: A Manual for Managers in Identifying Levers for Creating Value. Translated from English (edited by E. Lobanova). M: Olymp-Business, 2nd Edition, 2005
- Enron – Prosperity and Bankruptcy, (monograph), M. Academy of National Economy, 2004
- The Financial Director - Master of Financial Management (article). Journal «Financial Director», # 7, 8, 2004
- CFO in a Russian Company: Status and Functions of Financial Director (proceedings of the Business Forum «Financial Director». M: BBPG, 2004
- Financial Directors all over the World are Considered Elite (article). Journal «Financial Director», # 4, 2003
- Ten Years of Financial Managers in Russia (article). Integration: a Newspaper of Executive Bodies of the CIS, 2003