Doctor of Economic Sciences, Candidate of Engineering Sciences, Professor,
Lecturer at the SHFM RANEPA
International education: Harvard Business School (USA), University of Navarra (Spain).
Awarded by a variety of awards and diplomas. In 2003, Natalia was awarded the Badge of Honour of the Russian Agency for Patents and Trademarks for many years of fruitful work in the field of intellectual property. In 2004, Ms. Karpova was recognized as one of the best teachers according to the Russian National Forum on appraisal activity. In 2005, she received the national prize of public recognition "The Russian of the Year" in the nomination "Russia’s Intellect". In 2007 she was awarded the Order of Golden Logoda in the nomination "The best teacher of the year". In 2008 she was awarded the badge "The Honorary Worker of Higher Professional Education of the Russian Federation."
Ms. Karpova has many years of experience of research and practical activities in the field of Intellectual Property (hereinafter – “IP”). She develops management strategies for intellectual assets, legal protection and commercialization of IP, is engaged with international cooperation in the field of IP. She pays special attention to the problems of knowledge management, valuation of intellectual property and intangible assets, international exchange of technology.
As an expert and scientific advisor, she has participated in drafting the legislation concerning legal protection of various intellectual property rights, as well as in the development of national export control systems of Russia and the state regulation of technology transfer. Ms. Karpova participated in the development of guidelines of the Ministry of State Property of the Russian Federation and in the State Standard project for assessment of the intellectual property and intangible asset value. She has been involved in development of training programmes in “Property valuation”. As the head of the working group at the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia, she participated in the development of the Federal standard for assessment of IP value.
Ms. Karpova supervised general educational programmes of the European Union TACIS project “Protection of intellectual property”; she participated as a teacher in various projects of the World Bank Institute, including the programmes in 2006 and 2009 “Russia's Accession to the WTO."
She has extensive consulting practice and cooperates with Russian and foreign companies: Oracel, Microsoft, Yunigrafiks, Hewlett-Packard, OJSC “Rosneft”, State Scientific Center "NIOPIK", OOO “Siberian-Amur metal”, OJSC “Rosnano”, as well as with the Government of Moscow. As part of the Expert group, she was involved in the valuation of property complexes as follows: space station “Mir”, JSC “ANTK named after Tupolev”, RIA “News”, newspaper “Trud”, “NTV+”, OJSC “Rosneft”, etc.
Ms. Karpova is the president of the Russian branch of the International Licensing Executives Society “LESI”, head of the working group of the Expert Advisory Board of the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia; member of the IP Scientific Council at the Economic Department of the Russian Academy of Sciences, member of the IP Committee of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation, member of the Dissertation Council of the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Services and member of the Dissertation Council of the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation; expert of the Innovation Committee at the State Duma, expert of the intellectual asset management subcommittee at the European Commission to the United Nations, expert of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
She is the author of over 160 research papers, including 17 monographs, reference books and textbooks.
- Intangible asset management
- Intangible asset valuation
- ON THE ISSUES OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ASSESSMENT Azgaldov GG Karpova NN Estimate and contract work in construction. 2015. № 9. pp. 25-30.
- DIFFICULTY IN THE EVALUATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY Azgaldov GG Karpova NN Estimate and contract work in construction. 2015. № 9. pp. 31-33.
- Intellectual Property Management Strategy in modern conditions // All-Russian scientific and socio-educational magazine “Initiatives of the XXI Century”. - 2014
- Modern educational environment and innovative development of companies in the knowledge-driven economy. Book 1 / N. Karpova, L. Dukanich, E. Yakhontova, T. Nestik, S. Korobeinikova // Moscow. 2014, -311 p.
- Modern educational environment and innovative development of companies in the knowledge-driven economy. Book 2 / N. Karpova, L. Dukanich, S. Korobeinikova, T. Nestik, E. Yakhontova // Moscow. 2014, -294 p.
- Creation of educational environment as a condition for innovative development of national companies / N. Karpova , E. Yakhontova, T. Nestik . 2014- 72p.
- The LESI GUIDE to LICENSING Best Practices (co-authored). USA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2002
- Assessment of intellectual property and intangible asset value. M: International Academy of Valuation and Consulting, 2007.
- Intellectual Property Management. M: RANEPA, 2008 (electronic publication)
- Knowledge Management. M: RANEPA, 2008 (electronic publication)