Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor of the SHFM RANEPA, Dean's Deputy (Science), coordinating director of MBA programmes
· Overseas education: German Academy of Management, World Bank Seminars on Valuation.
· Winner of the RANEPA research work competition.
· Head of the Government research program project.
· He was awarded an honorary diploma of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation.
In 1980, Mr. Palamarchuk graduated from the Faculty of Economics and Organisation of Machine-Building Production at the Togliatti Leningrad Institute of Engineering and Economics with degree in economics and organisation of machine-building production.
In 1985, he graduated from the evening classes of the special faculty at the Ordzhonikidze Moscow Institute of Management as specialist in organisation of management in machine-building.
In 1995, Mr. Palamarchuk completed special courses “Fundamentals of Analysis and Business Valuation” and won a certificate of the World Bank.
In 1991, he won the degree of Candidate of Economic Sciences at the Ordzhonikidze State Academy of Management for his thesis “Development of the System of Intra-Economic Financial Relations at Industrial Enterprises during Transition to Market Relations».
In March 2005, the Ministry of Education of the RUSSIAN FEDERATION awarded him the title of Associate Professor at the Chair of Corporate Finance.
In January 2009, Mr. Palamarchuk won the degree of Doctor of Economic Sciences for his thesis “Methodology for Financial Substantiation of Strategic Decisions in Russian Corporations” at the Academy of National Economy.
In 1988, he was on the staff of the investment boards of Moscow Bank of Reconstruction and Development, Menatep Bank, and United Bank of Regions.
In 1996 -2000, he was deputy chief at the Department of Investment Valuation of the Vympelkom company (trade mark “Beeline”).
From 2000 to February 2007, Mr. Palamarchuk was the coordinating director of the MBA “Finance” Programme at the Higher School of Finance and Management of the Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Services. He combined these activities with the position of Associate Professor at the Chair of Corporate Finance.
Since February 2009, he is Professor at the Chair of Corporate Finance of the Higher School of Finance and Management of the Academy of National Economy under the Government of the Russian Federation.
Mr. Palamarchuk began his research and tutorial activity at the Higher School of Finance and Management in 1994. Mr. Palamarchuk is the author and tutor of the courses: “Business Valuation and Financial Modeling”, “Financial Mergers and Acquisitions”, “Investemnt Project Evaluation and Management”. He is supervisor of studies for master’s thesis, MBA projects, and graduation diplomas by the students of the School. Over 100 students completed their graduation work under his guidance. Mr. Palamarchuk participates in the development of tutorial programs, coordinates the process of project development in all groups of the MBA program “Finance”.
Professor Palamarchuk’s research and tutorial activities have resulted in 37 publications including the monograph “Company Valuation for Strategic Decision-Making”, and the study aid “Business Valuation”. He is also the co-author of methodical recommendations for valuation of efficiency, the development of investment projects, and business plans in the power generation industry as approved by Order # 155 of RAO UES of Russia dated 31 March 2008.
- Business Valuation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Development and assessment of strategic alternatives of stable growth
- Evaluation of investment decisions and capital budgeting
- Business Valuation Methods
- Developing breakthrough strategic decisions in crisis changes in the external environment: the logic and algorithms // Economic strategies. 2016. # 8
- Company values modeling in the process of developing breakthrough strategic solutions // Initiative of the 21st century. Number 2016. # 4
- Company Valuation for Substantiating Strategic Decisions. - 3rd ed., Revised. - M: SHFM RANEPA, will be published in 2016. 286 p.
- Algorithm for Strategic Decision-making based on Cost-Value Approach // Management and Business Administration. #4, 2014
- Development of Methodologies and Modern Technologies of the Company's Valuation and Investment Projects under the Conditions of Growing Uncertainty / 2014 -126 p.
- Corporate Financial Management: Handbook (Series “Progressive tutorial”). M: Urait Publishing house 2012 (co-authored with M. Limitovskiy, E. Lobanova, V. Minasyan)
- Financial Substantiation of Strategic Decisions in Russian Corporations. (Series “Economic Policy: between crisis and modernization”). M: Publishing House “Delo” RANEPA 2011 (co-authored with E. Lobanova, V. Minasyan)
- Company Valuation for Substantiating Strategic Decisions. M: The Academy of National Economy, 2008
- Methodological recommendations for valuation of efficiency, development of investment projects, and business plans in the power generation industry as approved by Order # 155 of RAO UES of Russia dated 31.03.2008, M: 2008
- An Integrated Approach to the Analysis of Valuation Factors in the Process of Developing a Company Strategy// “Economic Analysis: Theory and Practice”, # 24, 2008
- Strategic Positioning of a Company: the Financial Aspect // Problems of Theory and Practice in Management, # 11, 2008
- Strategic Decision-making Focused on the Company’s Value Growth. // Russian Entrepreneurship. # 8, 2008.
- Two Approaches to Strategy Development: Compromise and Creativity // Creative Economy, # 11, 2008
- Cost-Value Approach to the Interaction between Managers and Stakeholders of a Company // Russian Entrepreneurship, # 12, 2007
- Algorithm of Strategic Decision-making focused on the Company's Value Growth // Economic strategies. #8, 2008
- Criteria for Acceptance of Administrative Decisions: the company value or cost growth // Russian Entrepreneurship. 2007. # 11. Issue 1
- Learning by Doing // Elite staff. # 41, 2008
- Development of an Efficient Strategy Requires an Algorithm // Finance. # 36, 2008
- Justifying Expectations: a Cost-Value Approach in the Interaction between Managers and Stakeholders of the Company (article). Journal «Russian Entrepreneurship». #12, 2007
- You Name the Boat and So it Will Sail: Criteria for Managerial Decisions; Company Cost or Value (article). Journal «Russian Entrepreneurship». # 11, 2007