Candidate of Physico-Mathematical Sciences, Professor at the SHFM RANEPAt, Certified International Investment Analyst (CIIA), Head of the Corporate Finance, Investment Decisions and Valuation Chair named after M. Limitovsky, scientific supervisor of the Quantitative Finance Department
· Member of the examination commission of the Guild of Investment and Financial Analysts within the framework of the CIIA project of international certification.
· Member of the working group of the Federal Commission on Capital Market and Securities of the RUSSIAN FEDERATION in development of programmes for examinations in attestation of securities professionals.
· Member of the editorial board of “Investment Analyst”, published jointly by the Guild of Investment and Financial Analysts and the journal "Securities Market".
In 1974, Mr. Minasyan graduated from the Lomonosov Moscow State University.
In 1978, he completed a post-graduate course at the Landau Institute of Fundamental Physics of the USSR Academy of Sciences.
In 1982, Mr. Minasyan won his degree of Candidate of Sciences at the Leningrad branch of the Steklov Institute of Mathematics of the USSR Academy of Sciences.
From 1978 to 2006, Mr. Minasyan was faculty member of the Moscow University of Communications rising from the position of assistant lecturer to head of department.
Since 1997, he has been engaged in consulting and research and tutorial activity at the Training Centre of the Moscow Stock Exchange, conducting training sessions and consultations in many banks and investment and other companies involved in the investment process.
Mr. Minasyan has been conducting research and tutorial activity at the Higher School of Finance and Management since 2005. He delivers lectures and holds tutorials in the courses: “Risk Management”, “Investment Portfolio Management”, “Financial Derivatives”, “Real Options”, “Financial Mathematics”, “Quantitative Methods in Economics”.
Professor Minasyan is also supervisor for studies of Master’s theses, graduation diploma works and projects by the students of the School. He participates in development of training programmes for the Higher School of Finance and Management.
Mr. Minasyan’s research and tutorial activity has resulted in 70 publications.
- Risk management
- Theory of portfolio
- Continuous-time models of quantitative finance
- Financial derivatives
- Investment portfolio management
- Minimization of Costs for Redemption of Shares at Request of Shareholders // Journal of Insurance and Financial Management, Vol. 2, Issue 9 (2016) 31-55
- Corporate Financial Management. M: Urait, 2016 (co-authored with E. Lobanova, M. Limitovsky, V. Palamarchuk)
- Risks of Relations between the State and Subsidized Companies: agency conflict // Management Accounting and Finance. 2016 #01, -52 p.
- Using Exchange Options in the Valuation of Convertible Preferred Shares // V. Minasyan, A. Tai, http://ssrn.com/abstract=2595631 2015.
- Incentives and Risks in the Relationship between Principal and Agent // Financial Risk Management. 2015 #3, -172 p.
- Modern Methods of Valuation of Capital Value and Structure with Allowance for Risk. http://ssrn.com/abstract=2610649 2015.
- Crisis Phenomena in Process of Formation of a Market Portfolio // Papendrecht, Netherlands. 2014 – 136 p.
- Development of Methodologies and Modern Technologies to Valuate Companies and Investment Projects in the Conditions of Growing Uncertainty / 2014 - 126 p.
- Methodical Features of Calculation of Capital Structure and Cost of Capital in the Financial Management Technologies // Management and Business Administration. 2014 #4, -136 p.
- Incentives and Risks in Relationships between the Principal and the Agent // International Journal of Advanced Multidisciplinary Research and Review. # 3, 2014, -159 p.
- Incentives and Risks in Relationships between the Principal and the Agent // http://ssrn.com/abstract=2461210. 2014
- CAPM Model and Jensen in Conditions of Growing Heterogeneous Volatility // Financial Risk Management. 2015 #2, -128 p.
- Special Legal Instruments for Placement of Shares in the Course of the Joint-Stock Company Reorganization: "Stock Conversion Procedure". / V. Minasyan, A. Glushetsky // http://ssrn.com/abstract=2425543. 2014
- Analytics / Education & Career (Special Issue. Annex to "Rossiyskaya Gazeta".): No Room for Error, 13/10/2014
- Financial Support of Strategic Decisions in Russian Corporations. M: Publishing House "Delo", 2011 (co-authored with E. Lobanova, V. Palamarchuk)
- Scientific editing of the book: M. Krui, D. Gala, R. Mark The Basics of Risk-Management. M: Urait, 2011
- The World of Modiliani-Miller and Reality: Weakening of Assumptions. Collection of scientific works, SHFM RANEPA, 2008 (co-authored with M. Limitovsky)
- Options in Exchange for Assets. Using Options to assess Convertible Preference Shares, Collection of Scientific Papers, SHFM RANEPA, 2008 (co-authored with A. Tai)
- Alternative Investments and Investment Strategies. The report at the summit "Russia and CIS Alternative Investments", Cyprus, Limassol, March 2009
- Is the Risk Manager to Blame in the Risk Management failures? Newspaper "Corporate Strategy". Annex to the weekly "Business and Life», #18, 2009
- CAPM and Diversification of the Investment Portfolio under Heterogeneous Volatility, 2009 (co-authored with M. Limitovsky M.)
- V. Minasyan et al. Basic Course on Securities Market (textbook). Moscow, UTs MFTs Publishing House, 2008
- Using Exchange Options in the Valuation of Convertible Preferred Shares, Journal of International Scientific Publication: Economy & Business. Volume 3, Part 1, Bulgaria, 2009. (co-authored with A. Tai)
- Development and Application of Iterative Algorithms for Determining the Structure and Evaluation of the Capital Cost, Management Accounting and Finance, #3, 2010 (co-authored with M. Limitovsky)
- Capital Asset Pricing Model and Diversification of the Investment Portfolio under Heterogeneous Volatility (part 1), #5, 2010 (co-authored with M. Limitovsky)
- Capital Asset Pricing Model and Diversification of the Investment Portfolio under Heterogeneous Volatility (part 2), #6, 2010 (co-authored with M. Limitovsky)
- Risk Analysis of Investment Projects // Financial Risk Management. # 2, 2011 (co-authored with M. Limitovsky)